5. Launch & Celebrate
Launching a successful annual fall campaign requires a healthy infrastructure. Before launching ask yourself:
- Does our parish have appropriate procedures for receiving gifts? Gift Acceptance Policy (.doc) (.pdf)
- Does our parish office have healthy practices on recording pledges and submissions to financial institutions?
- Do we have updated lists on previous years of giving?
- Have we segmented these lists to see if there are those that require different approaches?
- Has the parish’s leadership made their early/initial gifts?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, it’s time to invite the entire parish to join the parish leadership in giving.
Kick-offs can take various forms according to context. However, all successful kick off events include the following:
- The “Why” clearly communicated in all communication pieces
- A thank you to the volunteers/donors who have already contributed
- A clear set of goals articulated for the fall campaign
- Mechanisms in place for distributing/receiving pledge cards
- An ethos of connection around a singular purpose. How you gather is important, but why you gather is the priority of focus.